Cliff Diving for Health Care Innovation
Ringing in the new year brings a time for reflection on the past and preparation for the future. After looking at the first Recruiting for Healthcare Jobs blog post in 2012, I am reminded that significant strides in healthcare innovation remain. While the previous year culminated in progress, metrics and transparency for value-based purchasing and consumer sentiment are poised to have a more profound impact on health system operations going forward. In order to rise to the challenge, hospitals and healthcare systems should embrace healthcare innovation.
While innovation is typically discussed in reference to process or technology development, a more strategic view might encompass the following continuum:
Innovation in Healthcare Collaboration
- Develop partnerships with key constituents in the community to help manage high risk patients
- Find new ways to collectively address social determinants that negatively impact community health
- At the most fundamental level, solicit new avenues for engaging patients in their health care
Innovation in Health Delivery Process
- Focus on eliminating variation, improving safety and quality, while also enhancing the patient experience in the inpatient admission, discharge, transition and outpatient visit processes
- Develop new services and care delivery mechanisms to keep patients healthy
Innovation in Technology
- Implement technology that supports your collaboration, process improvement and patient engagement efforts while continuing to protect and enhance the quality of the patient experience
Innovation in Environment
- Create a modern therapeutic environment with a corporate culture focused on compassion and quality customer service
And, as the President of the Federation of Hospitals aptly put it, since “lawmakers chose to rob hospital Peter to pay for fiscal cliff Paul”…wouldn’t it be better to dive into innovation rather than be pushed?
Principle Healthcare Associates is an expert resource and dedicated advocate for Nurse Practitioner, Physician Assistant, Physician and Healthcare Executive job seekers. With many years of recruiting experience, we deliver strategies to help clients identify diamonds in the rough and candidates that stand head and shoulders above the competition.
Contact us at PHA email and be sure to visit us at PHA Website
Filed under: Community Benefit, eHealth, Health Innovations, Healthcare Administration, Healthcare IT, Healthcare Reform, HealthIT, mHealth, Nurse Practitioner, Patient Engagement, Physician Assistant, telehealth, Telemedicine, Wellness Tagged: | advanced practice nurse jobs, American Federation of Hospitals, clinical nurse specialist employment, fiscal cliff, Health care, Innovation, Nurse Practitioner, physician assistant jobs